- Freezer paper
- Cricut or Silhouette machine or tiny sharp scissors and x-acto knife
- fabric paint
- fabric to apply the silhouette to. I used a square of cotton.
- image that you want to use
- Trace your image onto freezer paper and cut it out or use a cutting machine. The shiny side will be facing down when you iron it on but up when you print it out so you may need to reverse your design.
- Iron the freezer paper stencil onto the fabric. It tends to be curly so I tack down edges and work slowly, making sure it is totally flat. After it is on then I go over it a bunch of times to make sure it is totally adhered at every edge.
- Fill in the stencil with fabric paint.
- Let it dry according to the instructions that come with the fabric paint. Mine had to stay untouched overnight, then I heat set it with an iron.
- Now you may use your stencil. I made a patchwork pillow with mine.You probably have all sorts of other fun ideas!
Easy Nancy Drew Lampshade