I love to make projects using wooden blocks. I made some cute decoupage fruit blocks a while back and so this time I decided to try to use up some felt scraps to make a cute set of Valentine's blocks. I got the blocks at a dollar store. They are just over an inch wide. To cover them I considered downloading a box template and just cutting out various felt pieces and wrapping them around the block. One problem with this is that these cubes are not exactly square so I got a lot of sagging and gaps using a premade covering. Also I think the blocks look cuter if they are comprised of several different felt colors. Either way, it is a very easy project and it will make a cute gift for someone special.
- Various pieces of craft felt in the colors of your choice. I used typical Valentine's colors like reds and pinks and purples but these blocks would be really cute using primary rainbow colors.
- Sharp scissors
- Wooden ABC blocks
- Craft glue (regular school glue will not adhere to felt.)
- 4 x 6 picture frame with glass removed.
- Optional- Sharpie for stenciling
- Lay a block on the color of your choice and glue down one side to the felt.
- When it dries, trim the felt and wrap it around a second side of the block and glue down.
- Repeat with new colors and other blocks until they are covered.
- Cut out some hearts out of felt and glue them to the blocks when they are dry.
- Line the bottom of the frame with felt.
- Arrange your blocks in the frame. I found that I had some space on the sides but that it fit perfectly length-wise so the blocks stay in place.