paper (I used a map, sheet music, and pages from a gardening catalog.)
something for the center like circles of felt, buttons, circles of contrasting paper, pom poms
- Cut a piece of paper into a long rectangle. Try 4 1/2 x 12 inches or pick your own size.
- Fold the paper like an accordion with small folds.
- After the paper is folded up completely, staple at the halfway point and fan out the sides.
- Glue the sides open to make the flower.
- For the center you can do what I did and glue on a small circle of felt and a button on top of that. You also could attach circles of contrasting paper, tiny pom poms, or other center items.
- I used tape to attach the back of my flowers to the pipe cleaners. You could also use a glue gun for a neater appearance.