Friday, March 1, 2013

Tiny Magnetic TinTin Game

Pin It
Part II- Tiny Magnet Books





For Part I of this project we made a Portable Pride and Prejudice game using magnetic printer paper and some old chalk boards we found. please visit that post to get full instructions on how to make the magnet book. The great thing about our tiny magnet board book is that you can switch to a different set of characters since everything, even the cover, is removable.
So I promised my children we would make some character magnets that interest them more than Mr. Darcy and the Bennet sisters. One drawback to using old illustrations for our first set of magnets magnets is that they were rather washed out and faded. I decided to pick a book for this second project that had vivid colors and strong lines. A comic book seemed like the perfect idea.
My family loves Tintin. Our favorite book of all is Tintin in Tibet. It tells the story of Tintin's search against all odds for his friend Chang. Chang has been in a plane crash and been rescued- and hidden- by the Abominable Snowman aka the Yeti or the Migou. I will not go into the whole story but it is a very good read and I recommend it to all ages! The video can be found on YouTube.




 Basically I just opened a blank Word document and then cut and pasted images from the internet. There were many to choose from. I didn't have all the scenes that I wanted so I also scanned some in from my comic book and added them. I sized the book cover to fit onto our magnetized front cover. I printed them out and Corinne added some speech bubbles so the kids can add their own dialogue.












if you like toys and games, you might like our Tiny Amsterdam in a Suitcase and also our Ice Skating Rink From an Altoids Tin.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I love love LOVE Tintin so much and I need to make this. The book is adorable, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete